1. Parenting
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility for Reserve and Guard

How To Acquire This Important Document


Before you can apply for a VA home loan, you'll need to acquire a certificate of eligibility.

After you've gathered the required documents showing proof of service, you can apply for the certificate in one of the following two ways:

Go to the Veterans Information Portal. On the left side of the page, select "User Registration" and follow the instructions.

By Mail
Print and fill out VA Form 26-1880. If you're unable to print the document, call 1-888-244-6711 and request a copy be mailed to you. After you've completed Form 26-1880 attach copies (do not send originals!) of your proof of eligibility documents and mail the packet to:

Department of Veterans Affairs Eligibility Center
P.O. Box 20729
Winston-Salem, NC 27120
If you're overnighting the documents, send them to:

Department of Veterans Affairs Eligibility Center
251 North Main Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27155

It's important to note that VA approved lenders cannot request a Certificate of Eligibility through the automated Web Loan Guarantee (webLGY) system for Reserve and Guard Veterans.

  1. About.com
  2. Parenting
  3. Military Families
  4. Military Pay and Personal Finances
  5. Reserve and Guard - Certificate of Eligibility - How to Get a VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.