Please note that many of the places featured below are making their discounts and special promotions available well beyond Veterans Day.
Hotels and Resorts Offering Veterans Day Discounts
- The Homestead resort in Hot Springs, VA is extending a special "Thank You" to the men and women of the Armed Services, both active duty and retired members, with the Armed Services Discount. Military personnel will receive discounted room accommodations inclusive of breakfast for two people. Children 12 and under receive complimentary breakfast. Discounted rates start at $169 versus $269 per night, based on double occupancy. Valid Sunday - Thursday through December 20, 2012. Guests must show military I.D. upon check-in. Offer subject to availability, and some restrictions apply. Not valid for groups.
- The Omni Bedford Springs Resort in Bedford, PA is extending a special offer to armed service members. Book the Veterans Memorial Package and receive a discounted rate starting at $109, per night. Package available Sunday, November 11th – Friday, November 16, 2012
- For nearly 100 years, the grand Grove Park Inn has provided a place of rest and relaxation for travelers from around the world. To honor those that have traveled the world and sacrificed time away from loved ones in service to our nation, The Grove Park Inn offers all active and retired military personnel the Rekindle the Romance Military Appreciation Package, which includes romantic resort accommodations, one Spa Day Pass and a $50 Grove Park Inn gift card. Enjoy their legendary service while you recharge, relax and reconnect at the historic resort. Rates from $209 per night.
- The Omni Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, NH is showing its gratitude with discounted savings for retired and active military personnel. Book a stay at the resort on November 11th and receive 20% off all food and lodging. Valid military ID required.
- Calling all Heroes! Sage Hospitality hotels salutes veterans with a discount to enjoy at hotel locations across the U.S. The Blackstone in Chicago and il Lugano in Fort Lauderdale offer any active or retired Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or US Coast Guard personnel; active National Guard /Reservists, currently with a division of Department of Defense (FBI, CIA, Secret Service, NASA), or a first responder—firefighter, police, paramedic—up to 50% off for best available room rate until December 31, 2012.
- A “Salute to the Heroes" at the WESTIN CASUARINA RESORT & SPA and WESTIN LAKE LAS VEGAS. Both resorts are offering 50% off the best available rate to members of the military (active duty, Reservists and retired) and their families, as well as to first responders. This is in addition to the traditional government per diem rate that the properties offer based on availability to members of the government and military traveling on government business.
Bed & Breakfasts
If you love staying at B&Bs, then you're in for a wonderful treat because many establishments are offering a free night's stay on Veterans Day and/or discounts and special packages at various times during the year. The following two Web sites can help you locate a participating B&B:
- Through the B&Bs For Vets program, hundreds of Inns and B&Bs across the United States and Canada are offering a free night's stay on November 11, 2012 to anyone who has served in the U.S. military along with an accompanying guest. If this is an offer you'd like to utilize, don't delay as space at participating B&Bs is limited and rooms are available on first-come-first-served basis.
- On the Military Specials page at BnBFinder.com you can view a listing of numerous B&Bs that offer discounts. Some of the establishments offer discounts exclusively for Veterans Day, whereas others extend special offers throughout the year. For your convenience the list is categorized by state and is very easy to maneuver.